We are hiring!
The Millington Arbela District Library seeks a passionate, self-motivated individual for engaging and working with children and teens. Duties include program development, long-term planning, public service interaction and moderate technology use. This is a part-time position with flexible scheduling including some evenings and Saturdays. Hourly wage varies based upon experience.
- Oversees, plans and runs multiple programs for toddlers through young adults.
- Assists in maintaining attractive and relevant children and young adult areas.
- Works with outside organizations to collaborate programs and services.
- Promotes and advertises ongoing programs.
- Recommends and assists in selecting materials for children and young adults.
- Occasionally works circulation desk to perform patron services including material checkout, reference assistance, computer aid and clerical tasks.
- Previous experience working with children and/or youth.
- Engaging with good oral communication and public speaking skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
- Bending, reaching, flexing and lifting. Good physical mobility. Able to lift 35 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working in libraries or librarianship knowledge.
- Successful programming experience in a public venue.
- Knowledge of children’s and/or youth literature.
- Training in education or a relatable field.
Deadline to apply:
Monday, October 1st, 2018 by 6:00 p.m.
Apply for this position by sending resume, three professional references and cover letter
(explaining why you would be an ideal candidate) to:
Millington Arbela District Library
Attn: Library Director
P.O. Box 306
Millington, Michigan 48746
Or email to: email@example.com